Thursday, August 04, 2005

Battleground Edgbaston

I'm glad I can finally call the Ashes a Battle. Engand are slowly putting up some fight, and some fright in the Aussie Camp.

The first test had an exciting start. Harmisson had the Aussies bundled out for 190 and Glenn McGrath celebrated his 500 wickets in style by getting a five wicket haul for a mere 21 runs!

That opening spell by McGrath was demoralizing for the England batsmen who for the first time must’ve thought, well here is our chance to get one up on the Aussies. The old warrior had some other tricks up his sleeve. Accuracy is what undid the England batsmen. Accuracy is McGrath’s potency and the Poms could not overcome that.

What followed later was as per the old Aussie victory script. The two days had me interested then it was the same run-of-the-mill story so I shall not write about it.

My current favourite Clarke got a fine 91 , finally he is back in form! Pietersen had an impressive debut, I’m waiting to catch more of him. Will he also become a favourite? Only time and performance will tell. He sure is one hell of a prospect and SA must be ruing that!

Time to shift focus to Edgbaston...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pigeon injured,eh? Good for the Pommies I say! Freddie's batting made everyone's day, gave Punter some hair grey. Anyway, sucky rhymes aside, hopefully, this shapes up to be a good test match.

I have money(actually more like a 12 pack of Heineken) on the Poms to win the Ashes.

Anonymous said...

Check out

http://waughpath.blogspot.com/

I'm in!