Saturday, September 03, 2005

Smiling is Easy:-)

The song that I’m listening to currently says ‘Smiling is Easy’. It is the title track of the new film ‘Dil Jo Bhi Kahe’. The song has a nice western feel to it and the beats are excellent. Shankar Ehsaan Loy have got another winner:-) Do listen to it.

Since on that topic, smiling was indeed easy yesterday.

Sania: Magnificent Mirza, Smashing Sania. She is making us proud as every tournament goes by. For a change the newspapers had her win covered before our beloved Indian Cricket Team. She is surely making everyone sit up and take notice of her.
And she is only 18. This little lady is on her way to stardom (If she already isn’t one!!).

Steady Kaif: Solid innings, gritty one, a stark contrast to his previous and something he and his team will be proud of. Stellar performance from the young man.

Shane Bond: Why am I including him? His absence was surely responsible for our easy win.

P.S:I saw the highlights and Ganguly was disappointing again. Why does he go for the hook shot? Somebody please answer me. He gets into the most awkward position. Why can’t he resist the temptation, especially at a time where he needs to get a good innings against his name? That shot took away my smile for a moment!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steady Kaif and now Steady Yuvraj too! But what about Dada? I did not see the dismissal yesterday but I hear he got out in the off side- Off Side!!

Minal said...

@Truman: I did not see it. I really did not have the patience to see the highlights when I came to know that we were 36-4 at one stage against this Zimbabwave bowling attack!

As for Dada, seeing his previous dismissal I have nothing to say, he is simply not making the effort to stick around and learn from previous mistakes. I've admired that guy as a captain, currently he is not even 10% of what he was!

Anonymous said...

I sat up to see Sania's match yesterday, and it was a complete disappointment. Granted she was playing Sherapova, but the number of errors she committed, double-faults etc, was outrageous! She was serving all over the place in the second set! Well anyways, she has given a great performance, but now is the battle.. to climb up from the 30s!

And the Hewitt-Dent game was AMAZING!!!

Anonymous said...

@Minal: Ganguly's case is the one of 'how the mighty fall'. Time and again I used to defend him in countless discussions claiming that he has to and he will come back. But it does not happen.

I even fail to understand in what world is he living since he claims that his "performance" in the Sri Lanka tournament was "good".

btw, thanks for your comment on my blog- I have replied to it there :)

Anonymous said...

With all due credit to Kaif, he sould have been chucked out of the team, long time back. For a lower middle order batsman he doesnt know how to pull the ball. all he can do is drive and nudge the ball. After natwest finals, it took him 2 years to play a good knock in Pakistan and now against minnows. Only good fielding is not good enough. There are better players waiting for an opportunity
Ketan

Anonymous said...

update update :)

Minal said...

@Truman: Sorry for the break:-) Will be back soon. But the less I say about our final performance the better:-) As of now, focus on the OVAL:-)

Minal said...

@Mangesh: Missed both the matches, but from the news I read ,Hewitt is playing excellent tennis.

@Ketan: I would love to know the few better players who are waiting in the bench:-)

Well when you can survive with a captain who can't pull or hook, we can be a little liberal to Kaif;-)