I’m not a romanticist – that is MDH’s domain. He more than makes up for my shortcomings. Last Friday was my 30th birthday and it was Mahashivratri so I was fasting. Add to it that he had his major office event; so it was next to impossible for him to arrange anything for me. Hence,we postponed all celebrations to the next i.e this week.
MDH is known for his innovative surprises – I’ve not heard of similar ones from the numerous couples I know. My guy friends hate him cause their wives pester them after hearing my stories. 7 years since we started dating and 5 years of marriage - I wondered what this guy would do this time. So here goes the story. It’s a long long post - but this time I’ll be quiet and let the pictures do all the talking.
I was packed off to a surprise ride in a Limousine with 3 of my best friends here. When I returned home with them – the door opened to this! A rhyming clue preceded each gift.
The house is all set with my 30 gifts:
The clues and the gifts begin:
- No.1: Personalized leather wallet
- No.2: Our new LCD
- No.3: 2-hour ride in black Cadillac limousine with my terrific girl gang in Dubai – 4 of us
- No.4: My favourite chocolate – Cadbury Dairy Milk which he got on our every single date
- No.5: Mobile cover – Cause I seem to lose this all the time
- No.6: A snap of me with my girl gang in Dubai – They are my soul sisters and we 4 rock!
- No.7: Junk/Imitation jewellery
- No.8: Tome and Jerry CDs – I love these two :-)
- No.9: 5-star mini-bar yummmmmmm
- No.10: Gems – minis M&Ms – fills up my empty stomach anytime;-)
- No.11: Fridge magnets with funny/sarcastic sayings – Both my refrigerators are loaded with them, yet I need more;-)
- No.12: Doritos chips – my weak point.
- No.13: My latest craze – eye-liner pencils
- No.14: The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes – Need I say more?
- No.15: Office desk supplies – to keep myself organized
- No.16: About 200 odd articles of Harsha Bhogle & Peter Roebuck – Special thanks to our dear friend RS who took the pains to compile them!
- No.17: A frame that tells the meaning of both our names and our personalities
- No.18: This a bit unbelievable still not recovered – a star registered with my name in the Libra Constellation in the sky forever!
- No.19: My addiction – Bejeweled 2 – He bought me the deluxe version and is loaded on my comp!
- No.20: A 3-d snap of us two etched in a glass piece – for eternity
- No.21: Saree – I think is the most beautiful piece of clothing ever designed. My friend’s AM’s fine taste helped.
- No.22: Salwar suits: The next best;-) Again AM helping MDH – she is too good.
- No.23: My Panda: After my tiger Jenny:-)
- No.24: An addition to my cricket collection – ‘The One Who Will’ Biography of one of my favourite players Steve ‘Tugga’ Waugh. I know someone who will be jealous for this gift alone!
- No.25: A DVD writer to go with my swank new HP mini
- No.27: My favourite TV cricket series - The DVD of BODYLINE
- No.28: Handmade greeting card. My school friend AJ gave me one every year; until she moved to USA. I was craving for one in this world of e-cards – and he did one for me :-)
- No.29: Is my small dream – thinking about it and it will happen sooner than later . Need to get the name right!
- No.30: A Solitaire ring and pendant – this one was the biggest surprise!
So you do understand that I’m at a loss for words. The preparation, the planning, getting my friends involved – I’m stunned, absolutely stunned at how much someone can love. And also feel blessed for being surrounded by such lovely people – all our friends who helped MDH to make this special – they live in Dubai and all around the world. I cannot thank them enough. DV, DK, AM, RS, DD, SK, RK – special thanks to you all!
This has been my best birthday ever – talk about welcoming the 30s with a bang!
P.S: If you need help to surprise your spouses – drop in a line and I’ll get MDH to consult. He will not disappoint!