Sands sent me this one and I’m flattered! Absolutely flattered. I’ve known her for a month now only through her blog. I like her blog simply cause she writes straight from the heart, a quality I immensely admire! Also she has opinions surprisingly very similar to mine.
Keep the great work Sands and I do not have words to thank you for this one!
This is my first one in the blogging world. It’s a great boost after coming back to this space after a hiatus of 3 years from the blogging world!
So now I must complete what is expected as a recipient of this award.
And here is the tag that goes with the award…
1. What is your current obsession?
Cooking (Especially making breakfast), Reading interesting blogs and blogging, Writing Tags on Blogs and FB, Bejeweled Blitz and Zuma (The games are stupid but addictive) and My Papa’s Princess’s Wedding in August.
2. What are you wearing today?
My office formals
3. What’s for dinner?
Aloo Palak & Roti
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Fuel for my car yesterday evening!
5. What are you listening to right now?
Arziyaan from Delhi-6. The song is soothing
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
She is super awesome( The phrase is borrowed from another friend I made last week – She too is Super Awesome). I get to know bits and pieces of her every day from her blog. I hope I get to meet her someday and btw she has lovely eyes – See the bride tag on her blog!
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
London, UK. I am absolutely in love with that place.
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Sleeveless tops, cotton kurtas, shorts, linen skirts, my slip-ons, glares and deodorants
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
To Mumbai, our princess is getting married, her wedding preps on in full swing and I so want to be there soon!
10. Which language do you want to learn?
German – Completed Level 1 at Max Mueller and never continued it:-(
Tamil – I have a decent collection of A R Rahman original Tamil songs. I’ve seen Kandukondain Kandukondain, Thevar Magan and Anjali in Tamil with English Sub-titles and loved them in their original form.
11. What’s your favourite quote?
Win as if you were used to it. Lose as if you enjoyed it for a change - Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
If God would permit – My Papa
13. What is your favourite colour?
Two – Blue and White (Most of my wardrobe comes in these 2 colours)
14. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
A lovely white kurta mixed ‘n matched with blue chudidaar and crushed chunni!
16. What’s your favourite magazine?
None at present – do my reading online!
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
That is almost AED 400 – On some nice SIA Jewellery to go with my new Saree for our princess’s pre-wedding party!
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
I’ll borrow this from Sands since she summed up my feelings to a tee – “Wearing clothes that don’t suit you even if it is the latest craze.”
19. Who are your style icons?
My friends – They have an excellent dressing sense
20. Describe your personal style.?
Whatever I’m comfortable in and makes me look good;-)
21. What are you going to do after this?
22. What are your favourite movies?
Too many to list but will list some
DDLJ, Andaz Apna Apna, DCH, Lagaan, Chak De, MunnaBhai Series, Chup Chup Ke, Golmaal (old one), Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron, Masoom, Sita Aur Gita, Mr. India, KHNH (sentimental value – MDH told me the story was all about me! So how can it not be on my favourite list). KKHH (Only only for Kajol), BluffMaster etc….
A Few Good Men, Ocean’s Eleven, Transformers, The Incredibles, Catch Me If you Can, The Hangover, Speed, A walk in the clouds, All HP Films, Lord of the Rings, All Superhero films, Little Miss Sunshine
Anjali, Kandukondain Kandukondain, Thevar Magan,
24. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can’t live without?
Olay Day and Night Cream, Revlon Lipstick, & Dior Perfume
23. What inspires you?
Super –achievers, out of the box thinkers, exceptions to the norm! People who dare to question and stand firm when they are right no matter what!
24. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
If I have the time I go shop, else I mix ‘n match and produce something not tried before!
25. Coffee or tea?
Both. Coffee in morning and tea in evening
26. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
MDH and S (My Rock of Gibraltar) are at the receiving end. Talking to them helps me get back to normal
27. What is the meaning of your name?
I’m not so sure. Some books say it means small fish while a Sanskrit dictionary I have says it’s a precious gem.
It was given to me so that it rhymed with my cousin sister’s name( She too was an only child like me!). I don’t think her or my parents gave it too much of thought in terms of the meaning!
28. Which other blogs you love visiting?
Check my blogroll and bloglines listing – You’ll find the answer there.
29. Favourite Dessert/Sweet?
Triple Dare Chocolate Cake from Coco’s – Dubai It is delicious.
30. Favourite Season ?
Winter here in Dubai
31. If I come to your house now, what would u cook for me?
Sad that it is Shravan and I cannot make my famous cheese omlette or egg bhurji if you decide to drop in suddenly, if you give me time I would’ve cooked my famous Prawns Green Masala & Chicken Curry with Roti and Fried Rice
Since it’s Shravan and I’m a Veggie: Quick Fix – Thikhat Shira/ Beetroot Cutlets. If told well in advance - Palak paneer, paratha, cauliflower-potato-green peas-kala masala veggie, dal fry and rice
32) What’s your current mood?
Restless – can’t wait to get to Mumbai!
33) What’s your sun sign?
34) If you get to be one person(alive) for a day whom would you choose
Indra Nooyi. I would love to know what it is like to be a CEO of such a huge MNC!
35) If you could travel back in time where would you like to go?
To the time of Shivaji Maharaj and follow his and his mavlas achievements– Maratha history always always fascinated me!
The rules are:
Respond and rework – Answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own.Then tag eight or ten other set of people.
I would like to share these awards and tag these wonderful bloggers:
P.S: I’d award Sands again but the tag says “öther set” set of people:-( Sands nevertheless – the award again to you from me:-)